AutoMaker 4.00.00_RC* and AutoMakerPRO free trial  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS
David
(@davidwildjnr)

"

Hello All,

MacBook-Latest MacOS

I have installed version 4.0 RC today.  Can someone point me to a 'Whats New' page?

I still get the message that the application is 32bit and not optimised for MacOS Mojave 

When I run the software I do find a new preview button, however when I press the button I receive a message saying that I need to instal the Java CLI.  I have done this, rebooted and get the same message when pressing preview.  Can anyone advise?

"

Correction - I did not instal the JDK only the runtime.  One I installed the JDK the button was functional.

This post was modified 1 month ago by David
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 8:34 pm
Mike
 Mike
(@17bt)
Prominent Member

I still get the message that the application is 32bit and not optimised for MacOS Mojave 

Me too, but it was doing that with 3.00 anyway too. They'll catch up eventually. You shouldn't need to install Java CLI, as AutoMaker has its own variant within its app. I've never seen this, so I'm confused. macOS version? Are you opening from the Applications folder? when pressing teh "Preview" icon in the centre? I've never seen this with macOS 10.14.4 and iMac 2013, so somewhat confused

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 10:35 pm
David
(@davidwildjnr)

You shouldn't need to install Java CLI, as AutoMaker has its own variant within its app. I've never seen this, so I'm confused. macOS version? Are you opening from the Applications folder? when pressing teh "Preview" icon in the centre? I've never seen this with macOS 10.14.4 and iMac 2013, so somewhat confused

I eventually downloaded the JDK and it worked but before that -

I was running from the applications folder separate from the 3.x folder and pressed the preview button in the middle.  I now get a small preview in the bottom left corner of a full popup window in which the model can be rotated.  

Thats what betas are there for so hopefully my feedback helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th April 2019 8:32 am
George
(@george)
Member Admin
Posted by: Terry Taylor

Thanks,

IF  I decide to go back to 3.02, will it "downgrade" the firmware back to the 3.02 version or will 3.02 AM work with the 4.0 firmware.

Yes, downgrading is possible, you are able to load firmware via the Preferences > Maintenance panel.

I should mention that version 4.00.00 will contain all of the functionality from 3.02.00. The Pro features will require a licence but the original functionality will still be free, plus additional improvements and bug fixes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd April 2019 12:15 pm
George
(@george)
Member Admin
Posted by: David

You shouldn't need to install Java CLI, as AutoMaker has its own variant within its app. I've never seen this, so I'm confused. macOS version? Are you opening from the Applications folder? when pressing teh "Preview" icon in the centre? I've never seen this with macOS 10.14.4 and iMac 2013, so somewhat confused

I eventually downloaded the JDK and it worked but before that -

I was running from the applications folder separate from the 3.x folder and pressed the preview button in the middle.  I now get a small preview in the bottom left corner of a full popup window in which the model can be rotated.  

Thats what betas are there for so hopefully my feedback helps.

Hi David,

Some strange issues here. We aren't sure why you needed to install the JDK in order to use the viewer, it should be using the one contained in the installed AutoMaker directory. It's potentially something to do with the PATH to AutoMaker.

The 32bit issue is something we've come across before. We will continue to look into both these issues.

The preview issue we believe is to do with higher resolution screens and we think we have solved this.

Thanks again for all the testing guys!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd April 2019 12:29 pm
David
(@davidwildjnr)

Do you have a list of what will be in the standard and what the extras will be?

Cura 4, Gcode Preview, Offline Printer?

Regarding the $PATH from my last question,  there are no CEL specific parts in my PATH variable.

Thanks.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd April 2019 3:17 pm
George
(@george)
Member Admin

Hi all,

We have just released AutoMaker 4.00.00, here is a list of what's changed since the beta RC2 release:

• Enable settings, 'Hop After Nozzle Close', 'Hop Height' and 'Close Nozzle Before Moving to Outside Wall'.
  • Fix strange nozzle close calculations due to no x or y directional movement (artifacts could be seen in GCode visualiser).
  • Fix z reduction calculation, calculation based on each slice individually and not just selected slice.
  • Check if purging when receiving error for purge and ignore error if so.
  • Add white LED to colour options for printer.
  • Add automatic conversion of old robox profiles into the new format. Old profiles are added to Archive folder and new ones added to correct head folder.
  • Material selection fix for Quickfill heads, support should now be correctly assigned.
  • Automatically select Cura4 when user adds a pro licence.
  • Fix for default profiles seemingly not sliced after going between profile edit page and print settings, while having no custom profile selected.
  • Correctly display error messages on Root.
  • Fix for Mac OS where GCode visualiser would only render in small area.
  • Add gradual support infill setting.
  • Fix error where a raft would cause layers to be printed below previous layer.

We've managed to squash quite a few bugs, which of course was helped largely by your testing of the software, so thanks again for helping with that. The Pro licence files given out for the Beta will still work with the new version, so you can continue to use those until they expire.

As of now the Pro licence enables these features:

• A multitude of new settings from CuraEngine4 which enable a lot of flexibility and options when printing.
  • The GCode Visualiser which is a powerful tool for examining sliced files pre-print.
  • The offline printer. Can be used to save sliced files for any hardware combination. These files can be used to print from USB on a Mote or Robox Pro.

This has been a large project so your continued feedback is much appreciated. The plan is to do more releases on a shorter timescale from this point, we hope to provide regular updates with new features, enhancements and maintenance, both for free and Pro users.

Thanks,

George

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st May 2019 3:49 pm
George
(@george)
Member Admin
Posted by: David

Do you have a list of what will be in the standard and what the extras will be?

Cura 4, Gcode Preview, Offline Printer?

Regarding the $PATH from my last question,  there are no CEL specific parts in my PATH variable.

Thanks.  

Hi David,

Sorry I haven't replied, I've been a bit busy trying to get the release done! In answer to your question yes, those are the current features, but we hope to add more over time to increase the value for users.

4.00.00 has been released now so give that a go, please let us know if you have any more issues with the JDK, it's a bit of an odd one and we have not (yet) seen anyone else with the problem so it may be environmental.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st May 2019 3:57 pm
olivier
(@olivier-masson)
Eminent Member Customer

Hello

Working well on my side.

I've not yet a pro licence, but 've just asked a trial licence.

I've noticed that both bed and head are heating up in the same time when starting a print, which is a great time saving.

Aslo noticed that for the default profiles, the infill % is frozen, and we need to tick a box to allow to change the infill %, which is ok (but not adding something in my point of view).

The normal licence 4.0 do not allow gcode vizualisation, even if the button is ready. Nor to use cura 4 improvments like choice of pattern for infill... maybe next for the next release 🙂 Same for offline printing, need a pro licence (this offline printing wasn't one the first version of AM 2-3 years ago ???)

Not yet tried to change the head led color, but will try...

Olivier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd May 2019 4:42 pm
Chris Goldspink
(@cgoldspink)

Hi,

I have just installed the automatic update 4.00.00. Upon moving a model on the bed by mouse, it shoots off the screen uncontrollably. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd May 2019 6:27 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

@cgoldspink No, I haven't seen that. Please try a clean install: https://robox.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/1000155625-clean-install

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd May 2019 11:27 pm
Chris Goldspink
(@cgoldspink)

@bhudson, After the clean install, the model still moved off the build area uncontrollably. However, I connected up to the printer and all is good now. Could this be a bug for offline laying out of parts?

Thanks, Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd May 2019 7:30 am
Enginwiz
(@enginwiz)
Estimable Member

Yesterday I updated to Automaker 4 .00.00. and did some test prints with it.

On a dual material print I noticed that the target temperature bar for material 2
was too short and indicated 230°C when the printer was actually printing at the
correct setting of 240°C. This is only cosmetic. But maybe you want to put it on
your bugtracking list for future updates.

Thank you for providing this important update for Automaker. After testing
AutomakerPro I will seriously consider buying a licence to support your
software development team.

1556865732-Automaker-4-Material-2-Temperature-bar-too-short.jpg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd May 2019 7:42 am
Enginwiz
(@enginwiz)
Estimable Member

Thank you for the trial licence of AutomakerPRO.

The print preview provides a very good visualization for the print job.
Initially I didn't notice the small grey buttons for layer selection and gcode list
on the gray background of the preview window. They look like sliders for
scrolling inside the window. 

Custom profiles with layer heights of 0,15 mm and 0,25 mm don't slice.
When I save the "Normal" profile as 0,250 mm it works until I change the
layer height from 0.2 mm to 0,25 mm. The decimal separator in 
german language settings of Windows 10x64 is a comma, not a dot.
In Automaker I can`t add a 5 to the 0.2 mm in the layer height setting.
I have to enter 0,25 mm and that seems not to be accepted by CURA4.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd May 2019 1:32 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

@cgoldspink No, I was not able to replicate the behavior with an Offline printer. This behavior in the past has always been linked to a PC and not the software itself. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd May 2019 9:17 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share:
This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.
For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software. This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.