Robox Driver or Automaker makes my mac Crashing  

RSS
Benraay
(@benraay)
Trusted Member

Hi everybody,

I'm posting here because since a few months after updating to 3.0 and higher I have repeated system crashes when I print something on my Mac.

Here is all I tested to know from where goes that bug.

it looks like this happens since I have updated to Mojave.

When I start a print and computers goes into sleep mode, when I try to awake the whole system is crashing and I have the popup saying my systems has crashed and asking to start all apps again.

This happens only if the printer is connected, I need to close automaker and unplug USB after starting a print to avoid this bug it's really annoying if I forget to do this my system is crashing when I wake it up.

if I don't plug the USB at all I have no issues, I did not use the printer for two weeks and all was OK.

I printed a little thing today and again system crash when I come back.

I'm using 3.02.00 version of Automaker

find attached last crash log from automaker

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Benraay
Posted : 21st February 2019 9:39 pm
Topic Tags
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

Have you performed a clean installation of the AutoMaker software?

Have you tested the USB port with a different device?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2019 4:37 am
Mike
 Mike
(@17bt)
Prominent Member

@benraay I’m running macOS Mojave, have been for months, and don’t get any of this using 3.01.01. There is sometimes an issue with the iMac sleeping and Automaker being open overnight, but no system crashes. Automaker does sometimes hang on trying to quit, and AutoMaker is classed as being “incompatible ” in future macOS releases.

I can’t open the zip file using the iPad at the moment (on holiday), but I will try 3.02.00 when I get back. It does sound like it is an install glitch/corruption that’s not been debugged, as it’s crashing on opening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2019 8:23 am
Benraay
(@benraay)
Trusted Member

Yes I have since the beginning of this issue reinstalled the whole system because of an Ssd failure 

tried automaker reinstall. 

I will try my second USB port. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2019 6:56 pm
Mike
 Mike
(@17bt)
Prominent Member

@benraay

Sorry Ben, I've just installed 3.02.00 by downloading from website, and as a precaution I renamed the CEL (3.01.00) folder beforehand, and it works OK. I had to flash the new firmware too the two connected printers, but they went to print OK, and all started off as it should.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2019 9:43 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

Unfortunately I don't think you will be looking at an actual Robox problem unless your printer has been damaged. You may consider using the Root to isolate the printer from the PC.

I suspect this is a problem with your PC or OS configuration, though as I do not use MAC OS I am unable to do more than guess. If this was a problem with the software itself or with a printer issue that was not due to electrical damage, we would see more instances of this behavior. You are the only person I am aware of experiencing this behavior.

Good luck with it. I wish I could be more help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24th February 2019 4:33 am
Mike
 Mike
(@17bt)
Prominent Member

@benraay It seems you have an application clash causing this, and after reading other stuff, the solution was to create a clean install of macOS on an external drive, with say the Robox software, then add others until you replicate the crash. One guy had issues with Microsoft Office, and it was traced to his VPN software he needed to use for work.

@click is very good at reading crash logs (not sure he comes on here anymore), but yours suggest it is Java related. Have you another Java SDK you've ported across? It seems there was a JavaFX bug that creates the same error message as yours...   https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8211304. ... look at the "Application Specific Backtrace" it's identical.

and I'm wondering whether this crash was like mine a lot of years back when I had Java installed and it was not looking at the right one. I was porting fuel injection software over to macOS, where Java was in the sub folder, and when it tried to open, it saw the file was Java, and tried to run in the Java Runtime Environment, not the sub-folder version with the right paths, and crashed. Something similar happened with AutoMaker, but I moved my Java, and it was fine since.

Sorry I cannot be more help, but if you want better error reports, this is what Apple support guys use to check out crashes etc...  https://etrecheck.com  

This post was modified 3 months ago by Mike
ReplyQuote
Posted : 24th February 2019 5:25 am
Share:
This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.
For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software. This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.