Robox Root :)  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Jack
 Jack
(@jack-strong)
Reputable Member

Its arrived! Really looking forward to getting started with this, its going to help me so much!

IMG_9206.jpg
Posted : 5th May 2017 11:15 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

Wifi setup can be tricky without a screen, if you have access to your Router admin page to get the IP then you should be fine. The other option is to connect something to the HDMI output to view the Root admin page.

If you know the wifi IP which your router assigns to Root then you are fine :)

https://cel-uk.com/root/

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th May 2017 11:48 am
Don Colley
(@doncolley)
Estimable Member

@pete

Hello Pete.

Was there supposed to be a SD card with the adapter in the package because if so mine is missing, I have been all through the packaging and no micro card.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th May 2017 2:50 pm
Jack
 Jack
(@jack-strong)
Reputable Member

@Pete - Looks good so far.

Will CEL be sharing the case stl. ? Quite fancy doing it in black.

@doncolley - Yeh I had a toshiba SD card in packaging supplied in the raspberry pi box.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th May 2017 2:50 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

The microSD will be installed in the Root/Mote already, we just left the adaptor thing in there as it came with the card and might be handy if you want to load more stuff onto the card.

I powered every one of them up myself to check they booted. Was surprised that we had zero card failures! We wrote 16gb to every card and no errors.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th May 2017 2:59 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

I'll make the case files available once everyone has their Kickstarter stuff. It is a nice design for easy printing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th May 2017 3:11 pm
Jonas
(@svelo)
Trusted Member

@pete is there any way to exit the root interface to the desktop on the mote and run other apps or is it always on?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th May 2017 3:39 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

Yes you can access the OS.

You would use a keyboard. I think it is Alt+tab but i'm not sure, Raspberry Pi/Linux/Raspian sites will have the info you need.

All that you see of Root is a web browser.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th May 2017 4:00 pm
Juan Barbini
(@juan15pablo)
Trusted Member

Root works on LAN without internet connection, doesnt it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th May 2017 5:52 pm
Jonas
(@svelo)
Trusted Member

@pete I opted in for both the root and mote but only got the mote, is the root coming a bit later?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th May 2017 3:54 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

@juan15pablo Yes Root will work without internet, it only needs the local network.

@svelo Mote has Root inside it. The final design is more robust and easier to mount than the first one we showed on Kickstarter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th May 2017 4:23 pm
Jack
 Jack
(@jack-strong)
Reputable Member

@Pete - Is there somewhere a bug reporting page anywhere. Only 2:

• If you pause and stop a print (via IOS running chrome) it does not engage safety features on cool down.
  • When you open up automaker you have to manually connect to root each time.

Generally I am really pleased with this first release of Root. Works really well, very quick to startup. KUDOS!

Is this something we expect to see some priority over the next few months ?  in terms of software updates ?

Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th May 2017 7:01 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

This is fine for bug reports for now. Critical stuff can also go to the support team.

We will update Root with critical stuff or when a bug or feature list reaches a point where it is worth opening it all up again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th May 2017 9:28 am
Jack
 Jack
(@jack-strong)
Reputable Member

@Pete - Would you also be able to tell me why with the latest AM release my thin walled parts not are much more stringy ? I will probably have to roll back software if i cant fix this = no root.

@Bhudson - any suggestions ?

P170516_1.png
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th May 2017 5:32 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

I wouldn't expect the gcode to be different between 2.01.04 and 3.0.

You could compare the same code generated in each version.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th May 2017 3:03 pm
Page 1 / 2