CLI to automaker  

RSS
Steve N
(@discosteve)
Estimable Member

Is this ever going to come - my use case is based around using OpenSCAD in CLI mode - so entirely from code I want to build OpenSCAD models, use OpenSCAD to export to STL and then would like to feed an AutoMaker instance which load the STL up alongside some 'parameters' (matching what you might set in the Print Menu such as Fine/Medium/Course etc) and then initiate the print to teh Robox

Posted : 20/03/2019 11:00 am
Topic Tags
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

I like a simple interface, AutoMaker is sparce and simple compared to most but I would have made it look more like Windows XP if I had my way :). It might not be too big a job to implement this because of the way we are sending and recieving from the slicing engine. Committing time to design and test would need a decent amount of interest otherwise it would get pushed under other more popular feature additions.

I'll talk to George about this once we get this next big build up and running.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Pete

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 2:45 pm
Steve N
(@discosteve)
Estimable Member

cheers Pete

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 9:12 am
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.