Manual level 9 poin...

Manual level 9 points corrections  

RSS
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

It would be nice if it will be possible to add manual 9 points level corrections. My one side it seems to be somehow a bit upper than other and Robox cannot do levelling in proper way. Hight adjustments does not help.

Posted : 11th February 2019 12:47 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

To ensure each probe is accurately recorded check the head spring is springing and clean the horizontal rails and contacts. The contact which runs on the top rail in particular can gather debris and even wear down over time. The head spring should be strong enough to keep the head pressed forward and down firmly. The top rail should not be lubricated, keep it clean. The rear of the bottom rail is also a contact point, ensure it does not have any build up of grease or dirt on the surface. In the left side of the printers (only open if power is off) there is a wire joining these 2 rails. Check the wire is tightly screwed at each end and in good condition.

Now that the probe system is checked, look at the bed.

This localised height difference may be the print surface flexing. Remove the print surface and clean the area under and around it. Check for flatness by placing the print surface on a flat table or similar. It is possible to flex this a lot without breaking it. Replace if needed.

https://www.cel-uk.com/shop/thermosurface-print-surface-replacement/

Refit the print surface and check for flex/bounce. Adjust locking tabs if needed.
https://robox.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/1000154870-is-there-any-bounce-in-your-printbed-

Also check underneath the bed for debris and anything which can effect the movement of the bed.

Run Z tests in Preferences>Maintenance and use these to help clean and lubricate Z screws.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Pete

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2019 9:26 am
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

Thank you Pete for your tips. I did it as you wrote it but I have still problem. Please look at the picture attached. I will try to bend the plate but it seems to be ok...Therefore I thought that it could be nice to have adjustment of the 9 points bed levelling, it could help and simplify the life 🙂

1549977848-20190212_140311.jpg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2019 1:24 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

Do you have the cable chain on the X-Carriage or does your printer have the older mesh wrap around the Bowden tube and power cable?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2019 3:44 pm
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

I do have the cable chain on the X-Carriage after upgrade to DM kit. Should I change something?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th February 2019 6:08 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)

Check to see that the metal cable chain bracket swings smoothly. I have seen a couple of installations where the screw was installed too tight or the holes didn't match up right and the metal cable chain bracket doesn't allow the X-Carriage to move properly. This causes a difference in the force required to activate the Z limit sensor. 

Also check that your Z limit tab isn't worn out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13th February 2019 2:45 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)

Check to see that the metal cable chain bracket swings smoothly. I have seen a couple of installations where the screw was installed too tight or the holes didn't match up right and the metal cable chain bracket doesn't allow the X-Carriage to move properly. This causes a difference in the force required to activate the Z limit sensor. 

Also check that your Z limit tab isn't worn out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13th February 2019 2:45 pm
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

Thank you @bhudson. However it seems to be all ok. At least for me. Honestly, is it a big deal to add it in the software? I have it in my Prusa MK3 I can manually change it. At least it was in my last firmware . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th February 2019 10:54 am
BHudson
(@bhudson)

I have no idea if it is a big deal. I just haven't seen a need for it in printers with the cable chain upgrade installed. I was trying to figure out if there is a physical reason you are seeing this behavior to solve it, instead of having the software team put time and expense toward a firmware feature that will not be widely utilized. That time could be better spent on something like gCode preview. 

Going only off your photo, I would point toward an uneven PEI sheet.

Is your Z screw ant-backlash unit tensioned properly? That could also lend a hand in uneven bed mapping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th February 2019 3:24 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

The 9 point probe happens in the firmware currently. It might be possible to expose the result in the software and allow editing.

This would require other changes, eg The action happens after you click Make.

This adaptive levelling probe runs just before the print as the nozzles are hot to soften any filament stuck on the nozzle. If the probe was to be editable it would need to be either manually completed before a print or pause the print after pressing make and in between the probe and print starting to place the first layers.

Perhaps another way to do it would be to add some variables which changed the probe values in each location but this would likely need to be done every time the print surface was changed. This could include every print as some materials will effect the plate location and shape.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th February 2019 4:21 pm
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

Thank you all for responses. Well, I was thinking in this way. As you mentioned after time, the plate can bend due to material used as for example Nylon which is difficult to remove by the way. Or it can be another reasons...I see the thing this way. We can make the nozzle height calibration in normal way. Nothing changes. However, if you notice that something is still wrong you have possibility to correct it by changing the z height head EEPROM option for each nozzle. I guess (correct me if I am wrong) this value is added or subtracted to the mesh levelling matrix 3x3 which is created before each printing. In my opinion, this option should be change to 3x3 matrix variables which will be added or subtracted to the mesh levelling matrix 3x3 by simply maths. This can be as a constant matrix that can be change only if it is needed unless stays as a reference z height . Coding should not be difficult. In this way if I see that my left side is too low I can simply modify 3 points on the left matrix in this part without messing with another part of the plate which can be correct. I am sure I am not the first person who has problem with bed levelling. I have had this problem since I bought first in 2014 and after second in 2016 printer from CEL. Even before modification of DM kit. Please, do not take it as the bad critic. I love CEL and its quality printing however I think some things should be somehow updated at least software. I ma waiting for you thoughts about it.    

This post was modified 2 months ago by Kamil Chodzynski
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th February 2019 6:53 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

A tip for Nylon:

Use the shiny side of the bed, clean with IPA as usual. Keep the door closed and the ambient temperature high.

It may still peel some of the PEI bed away but it is still very usable even when there is no resin left.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25th February 2019 4:44 pm
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

Thanks @pete for a tip. However, it works quite good if I use as a raft HDglass Formfutura. I often as a support for a Nylon HDglass. Then I do not have any problem with bed peeling any more. As A nylon I use Novamid ID 1030. I changed the build plate but I have still problem with equal levelling unfortunately...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25th February 2019 7:22 pm
Share:
This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.
For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software. This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.