keep the faith!  

RSS
paulsroom
(@paulsroom)
Honorable Member

Just bought my second Robox - as a birthday present to myself.  Yes I could have bought the dual filament kit or had my existing Robox upgraded, but I decided to get the latest one clean.  I've tried a couple of other printers - at both ends of the cost range.  Whatever comments I make on this forum that suggest I'm frustrated with the occasional problems I have with my Robox, I still like this printer.  It's easy to use, has lots of features that are actually missing from others.  I'd like to say that as it's British designed, this makes me proud of the technical expertise, but I don't want to sound jingoistic.

I look forward to the continuing developments with the Robox and if it's eventually possible to have a laser cutting attachment, this would be very useful.  I don't know how you fit a laser in a machine that it wasn't designed for, but then technological development is no longer a case of 'if', but 'when'.  I come from the era when the only commercial computer around was that created for J.Lyons teashops.

Posted : 11th November 2017 12:30 pm
Charles Jackson
(@chazr33gtr)
Estimable Member

@paulsroom

Yup I agree Paul, they are great printers that just have a few quirks.  And the suggestions and improvements @17bt and I have made to mine.. re the head,  24v cable, magnetic bed and Z-axis are just to help improve further and some nice free R&D for CEL ;-).

How you get on with that Rigid Ink Floss?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th November 2017 4:25 pm
paulsroom
(@paulsroom)
Honorable Member

@chazr33gtr   I have the Rigid.ink floss now, but it always take me a little time to follow through with anything.  So I've been distracted by other activities, but I will be dealing with this in the next couple of days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th November 2017 4:32 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

Great to hear Paul, thank you!

New goodies are on the way for all Robox users. Backwards compatible or easily upgradable as usual.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13th November 2017 3:42 pm
Juan Barbini
(@juan15pablo)
Trusted Member

@pete

Tell us more!! At least estimating release date. :-D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th November 2017 4:21 pm
Andy
 Andy
(@originalcaruso)
Estimable Member

C'mon Pete - you can't drop hints like that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th November 2017 2:15 pm
Mike
 Mike
(@17bt)
Prominent Member

@juan15pablo @originalcaruso The hints have been dropped on Facebook too. :)

Early this year we launched Mote and Root, these product enable all our customers to Wi-Fi and network enable their Robox's. forcing our customers to buying a whole new machine to add a feature is not CEL's way, we try and make hardware with very long service life.
We are also developing a larger machine that has many new features for those who need to create larger structural parts.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th November 2017 6:21 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

Our secrets are not well kept...

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th November 2017 9:25 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

look a monkey!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th November 2017 9:45 am
Kamil Chodzynski
(@kamil1)
Estimable Member

hmmmm, I have just ordered a new large printer....it is pity that I did not know that you are going to make a big printer as well. I could wait a bit...However, the monkey is great!!!! :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th November 2017 11:28 am
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.