New head  

RSS

Are there any plans to produce a dual material head to use the abrasive filament with build support material so, ruby tip and normal tip.

There are some benefits to filled materials but not many use cases which cannot be met with the existing heads. What is your intended use?

I would like to see the same thing. It is entirely possible to develop the head that you are asking for by my understanding, there just needs to be enough demand to justify the development cost.

I design and kit large scale gliders for RC.  The carbon loaded filament so far has proved to be very strong and durable.  I would however like to be able to use soluble filament for support material in some of my builds as using the carbon filament is a waste and expensive.

Topic Tags
2 Answers

A dual abrasive head is possible but not currently planned. The Needle valves make the DM head work so well for DM prints, avoiding strings and dribble while allowing very fast material changes during the print. The current design of the Olsson nozzle does not allow use of needle valves.

The next head we intend to release is a high temperature head based around a special nozzle from Olsson and our own heater block. This will allow high temperature materials such as Ultem and PEEK to be run through existing Robox units simply by changing the head.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

I have not tried the PA12 Nylon but I must say the the results I am getting with the carbon fill is pretty damn good!  And the strength of the part produced is excellent.

Doesn't really matter what low cost material is used for support, at the moment there is no choice other than to use the carbon material as the support which is not very cost effective.

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.