No STL file option  

RSS

Upgraded to Automaker v4 and when you go to load a STL file the only files listed are Mesh Files ?  It works for me (I installed it) but not for other users.??  Any ideas anyone?

2 Answers

@alex4855 This isn't new - the files have always been listed as Mesh files. STL is one type of mesh file, as is OBJ. The actual text on the file type menu is Mesh File (.stl, .obj, .zip) The ZIP archive option is for loading several STL/OBJ files at once. This allows you to use multiple STL files with the same origin point for multi-material prints. 

If you have other users on the same PC they may also need to install the AutoMaker software as it stores certain files in the user specific folders. 

Thanks for the reply. I agree, Mesh File (*.stl, *.obj, *.zip) appears when I log in. However, it doesn't when ever anyone else logs in to the workstation. Al they receive is Mesh File with no extensions applied. I will look to see what additional files, setup configs I may have in my default user area and apply them to other user profiles, but this is not standard practise surely?

cheers
Paul

Is it just the user settings in Windows?

Open any folder.

Click File

Change folder and search options

View tab

Untick "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click "Apply to folders" so it keeps this view for all folders

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.