A Root Upgrade...
Hello to all!
Some time ago I upgraded my Root to a "Moto". I used a original Raspberry Touch 7" Display and added a small fan to the chassis.
I hope it is no Problem for Robox-Team. 😉
All Chassis parts were printed with a RoboxDual.
Some pictures in the ZIP file. In the next few days I will search for the design files (FreeCad). If someone wants this … The parts are not perfect but it works.
Have a nice day!
@pete Thank you for unpacking the pictures. I can upload only one file per post.
@pete Root-Forum? I didn't found a special forum. I posted it here in the Subforum: "Show us your bits!" for first time.
The FreeCad files for the chassis...
OK... Some notes:
- This chassis is for the Original Raspberry 7" TouchScreen. It is direct connected to the Raspberry Pi board. You also must change the display driver, the orientation and maybe the touch settings. Thats no problem, all posible in one the Raspberry Setting File (Config.txt): dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406,touchscreen-swapped-x-y=1,touchscreen-inverted-y=1
- Power Supply must change that the power comes over the Display Driver Board (5V). Only 2 cables from display board to the Raspberry. The main power adapter must connected to the Display Driver Board.
- FAN: I used a small 25x25x6.5mm SEPA fan. But that was not the best choice. Noisy. Voltage support via Raspberry.
- The Raspberry processors got heat sinks. Safty first.
- Printing of the main display chassis need support material. I think print with the back side down is the best way.
- The stand (right word?) part is a little bit weak. It need a little bit stronger base.
I don't know how much the WiFi signal is affected by this.
I hope I don't forgot something.
Search the forum
This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.
For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.