A Root Upgrade...
Hello to all!
Some time ago I upgraded my Root to a "Moto". I used a original Raspberry Touch 7" Display and added a small fan to the chassis.
I hope it is no Problem for Robox-Team. 😉
All Chassis parts were printed with a RoboxDual.
Some pictures in the ZIP file. In the next few days I will search for the design files (FreeCad). If someone wants this … The parts are not perfect but it works.
Have a nice day!
@pete Thank you for unpacking the pictures. I can upload only one file per post.
@pete Root-Forum? I didn't found a special forum. I posted it here in the Subforum: "Show us your bits!" for first time.
The FreeCad files for the chassis...
OK... Some notes:
- This chassis is for the Original Raspberry 7" TouchScreen. It is direct connected to the Raspberry Pi board. You also must change the display driver, the orientation and maybe the touch settings. Thats no problem, all posible in one the Raspberry Setting File (Config.txt): dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406,touchscreen-swapped-x-y=1,touchscreen-inverted-y=1
- Power Supply must change that the power comes over the Display Driver Board (5V). Only 2 cables from display board to the Raspberry. The main power adapter must connected to the Display Driver Board.
- FAN: I used a small 25x25x6.5mm SEPA fan. But that was not the best choice. Noisy. Voltage support via Raspberry.
- The Raspberry processors got heat sinks. Safty first.
- Printing of the main display chassis need support material. I think print with the back side down is the best way.
- The stand (right word?) part is a little bit weak. It need a little bit stronger base.
I don't know how much the WiFi signal is affected by this.
I hope I don't forgot something.