RoboxPro : filter Fan  

RSS
Oliver
(@lobat37)
Eminent Member

Hi everybody

A small question to people working on robox pro :

- when do you see the filter fan running ? I think I've never seen it running. It's new compare to the normal robox, and I appreciate that robox team has integrated it on the pro model, but honnestly, I don't know the real function.

Please, share your experience.

See you

Lobat

Posted : 28th November 2018 4:14 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

@lobat37 The fan should run whenever the internal temperature exceeds the target internal temperature. If you are running a small print in a cool room the printer internal temp may not ever reach the point where the fan turns on. If you suspect your fan isn't working, please open a support ticket.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29th November 2018 9:36 pm
Oliver
(@lobat37)
Eminent Member

@BHudson

is there a command or something to test the fan ?

Do you see it on your machine turning often ?

Thx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 7th December 2018 12:39 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
USA Robox Support Moderator

@lobat37 I don't have a Pro. I do not know a command to test it, but if you open a support ticket they can assist you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 7th December 2018 4:04 pm
olivier
(@olivier-masson)
Eminent Member Customer

UP  :-)

I'm still wondering when the fan should turn.

And if there is a command to test it. Or a way to test it...

If somebody knows (I imagine that now there are more and more RoboxPro users).

Thx.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th April 2019 3:26 pm
Chris White
(@chrisyt)
Member Admin

@olivier-masson It is currently purely controlled by the ambient temperature setting i.e. if the temperature exceeds the ambient temperature of the loaded material (stored on the reel EEPROM), then the fan will begin to run. It is variable speed PWM controlled, so the greater the temperature difference between the setpoint and actual temperature, the faster the fan will run. You can test it is functioning using M170 S[10-60] - if you send M170 S10, it will try to cool the build chamber to 10°C and therefore the fan should run at 100%. If you set the temperature to just below ambient i.e. M170 S20, it will run more slowly, and if set above ambient, it will turn off again.

We are considering adding a steady state running speed for filtration purposes - at the moment it just tries to maximise the temperature of the build chamber for the majority of materials.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 11:57 am
olivier
(@olivier-masson)
Eminent Member Customer

Hi Chris

The command works perfectly.

Then, I confirm the fan of my roboxPro is working. :-)

I also understand why I never see it turning because of the reels profiles. The ambiant temperature is everytime high in the profiles, so no need to cool.

By the way, is there an advantage to have a ambiant air at 60°C for exemple instead of 25°C ?

Does it increase the print quality ? I have another printer which is a stratasys mojo, and for this printer, the machine start by heating the ambiant air, before starting to print. But this printer only print ABS...

Once again, thank you Chris.

Oliver

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 2:37 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

A suitable ambient temperature of the build chamber decreases warp in some materials. In the past for ABS it is nice to have it at around 50°C in Robox. Since we started using TitanX as our main ABS material the warp issue has reduced. It is likely that the ambient temperature can also be reduced.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 3:24 pm
olivier
(@olivier-masson)
Eminent Member Customer

Thanks Pete.

No sure to know how to really increase the chamber temperature because only the bed can bring heat, but it's ok as it is today, so.... :-)

Oliver

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 3:52 pm
olivier
(@olivier-masson)
Eminent Member Customer

By the way, it was written in the user manual. Not clearly, but when you know the command M170 you find explanations... 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th April 2019 4:00 pm
Share: