USB Connection Problem - Flickreing & Printbed Heatup  

RSS
Peter4711
(@peter4711)

Hi,

we do have a Robox printer in our Fablab and strangely it no longer connects to the PC via USB. When booting up, the blue lamp starts flickering and the SW still shows a disconnected printer. Even more strange, we saw that the print bed is starting to heat up even before we start the print job or even try to load the filament. I think that might be a faulty mainboard requiring servicing, but it anything else for me to check, please let me know

Peter

Posted : 22nd November 2018 10:51 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

@peter4711 Please create a support ticket for this, link in my forum signature. The bed is heated using AC power so it can be dangerous. Make sure the printer is safely  removed from use and follow the advice of the support team.

There may be a loose connection which is causing problems, the most common one is the head not seating in the mount, check the screw is tightened firmly. Also check the cables behind the head, these can come loose with movement, particularly the red and black 2 pin wire, check this behind the head and where it connects in the top left of the build area.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22nd November 2018 11:19 am
Peter4711
(@peter4711)

Thanks, I have created a ticket #12347.

Checked all cables and everything seem to be alright, but shouldn't at least the printer show up in the SW?

Any more advice? Is there some diagnostics program available that we can run on our side to gather more data?

Regards

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22nd November 2018 12:33 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

If there has been a surge of some sort it can damage the mainboard. This would prevent it from appearing as a USB device.

https://robox.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000132464-safe-mode-access-some-data-from-robox-without-the-power-on

Safe mode in the link above might give some clues, adding any sort of USB hub between the printer and your computer can also help. Please test using another computer if possible.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22nd November 2018 4:47 pm
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.